Place half a red onion, 1-2 jalapeno peppers and a handful of parsley leaves in the bowl of your food processor. Process using 5-second pulses and take care not to over process, you want the final results to look like you just chopped it using your sharpest knife.
Alternately, finely chop the aforementioned vegetables using the old-fashioned knife and cutting board.
Add 2-3 tablespoons of lemon or lime juice and mash the avocados with a fork.
Add the chopped vegetables …
Mix and sprinkle some salt and pepper.
Then spoon into a dipping bowl …
Eat with tortilla chips
2 ripe avocados
1 small or 1/2 large red onion
1-2 jalapeno pepper
A handful of cilantro or parsely leaves
2-3 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
Salt and pepper
- Finely chop or roughly process the onion, jalapeno, parsley and tomato, if using and set aside.
- Cut the avocado in half and spoon the flesh out into a medium bowl.
- Add the lemon/lime juice and mash the avocodo with a fork.
- Mix in the chopped vegetables, salt and pepper.
- Spoon into dipping dish and serve with tortilla chips.
- Substitute green onions for red onions.
- Add a finally chopped tomato to the mix.
- Add a tablespoon of vinegar at the end for an extra flavor.
- Mix in sour cream for a creamy dip.